You want a dog who is confident and happy, able to immediately distinguish between friend and threat, capable of intense focus on her work, and able to relax and play with you when you need some puppy love. But these attributes are not born in our puppies; they are created through proper socialization.
So much can be done in a puppy’s first few months of life to equip her for our human world and expectations. A well-socialized puppy is not only a happier puppy for her own sake but is also a better-mannered and more reliable pet. Learn how to raise a puppy to be:
- More comfortable and confident
- Upbeat and bold from family life to excursions to vet clinics
- Less reactive and excitable
- A better learner with better memory
- A more creative thinker and better training partner
This practical approach to socialization, with plenty of detail and easy-to-follow steps, will help you to prepare your puppy for her best approach to life and social success. Material is included for the older dog as well!