Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out: Training Crazy Dogs from Over-the-Top to Under Control
Pet owners and trainers alike will enjoy Laura’s bestselling training book, Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out: Training Crazy Dogs from Over the Top to Under Control. Its conversational tone is both informative and fun — it’s been called “very accessible,” and it feels like the reader has a consulting trainer standing at her shoulder!
Some dogs need a little help.
Some dogs are afraid, or excited, or reactive. Dogs that “don’t listen” and “go crazy” don’t live the lives we –- or they –- want.
Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out can change that. Simple steps and an accessible, conversational tone from award-winning, internationally-known trainer Laura VanArendonk Baugh CPDT-KA KPACTP make calming the agitated dog not only possible, but pleasant.
Inside you’ll learn how to
- Achieve change in short, simple training sessions of a minute or less
- Maximize the effects of natural brain chemistry
- Know when to call in medical help
- “Clean up” unreliable behaviors in both overexcited sport dogs and pets at home
- Recognize how fear, aggression, and excitement are variants of the same root problem
The conversational tone is both informative and fun — very accessible, and it feels like the reader has a consulting trainer standing at her shoulder! Bring your dog from emotional to thoughtful, and enjoy a calmer, more enriched life with your best friend.
Social, Civil, and Savvy: Training & Socializing Puppies to Become the Best Possible Dogs
You want a dog who is confident and happy, able to immediately distinguish between friend and threat, capable of intense focus on her work, and able to relax and play with you when you need some puppy love. But these attributes are not born in our puppies; they are created through proper socialization.
So much can be done in a puppy’s first few months of life to equip her for our human world and expectations. A well-socialized puppy is not only a happier puppy for her own sake but is also a better-mannered and more reliable pet. Learn how to raise a puppy to be:
- More comfortable and confident
- Upbeat and bold from family life to excursions to vet clinics
- Less reactive and excitable
- A better learner with better memory
- A more creative thinker and better training partner
This practical approach to socialization, with plenty of detail and easy-to-follow steps, will help you to prepare your puppy for her best approach to life and social success. Material is included for the older dog as well!